*Entry-level Construction Worker.
*Desire to learn and be on time for work.
*At least one (1) year of concrete experience is highly desired.
*Must be able to travel around Kansas and stay the night out of town.
*Pre-employment drug test required.
Position reports to Concrete Foreman.
• Prepare worksite for concrete. Shovel concrete and other materials; spread concrete.
• Produce rough concrete surface, using broom; rake concrete.
• Tend machines or other equipment that pump concrete or provide power for tools, machinery or equipment.
• Operate jackhammers, sledgehammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
• Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
• Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
• Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
• Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
• Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
• Provide assistance to craftsmen, crew leaders and superintendents as needed.
• Follow all safety precautions and report deficiencies.